The fishing ground can be determined by detecting oceanography parameters in seawater area. One of the oceanographic parameters that can be used is chlorophyll-a. This research aims to analyze the relationship between chlorophyll-a and total catch of shortfin scad along with potential map areas for fishing shortfin scad (Decapterus sp.) in Pekalongan seawater. The research was conducted in two stages, which are field data collection in January and downloading and processing satellite image data in February. This research used the survey method with spatial analysis. Primary spatial data used is the distribution of chlorophyll-a and data of shortfin scad fishing production. The study shows an average concentration of chlorophyll-a from 2013-2017 in Pekalongan seawater ranges around 0,16 – 1,55 mg/m3. The result of linear regression test shows that chlorophyll-a has a role as one of the factors that influence the total catch of shortfin scad in Pekalongan seawater, East Java by 23%. Other factors influence the remaining 77%. Based on the assessment of fishing ground, there are 25 potential coordinate points of shortfin scad fishing area in Pekalongan seawater that can be categorized as a potential fishing ground.
Support the magazine and subscribe to the content
This is premium stuff. Subscribe to read the entire article.